MAHPERD Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance
One of the best benefits of membership in MAHPERD is receiving The Journal. Published three times per year, the Journal is full of applicable information related to the health, physical education, recreation, and dance, and affiliated disciplines. Other timely and important information included are registration forms, convention information, special offers on memberships, book reviews, upcoming workshops and calendars of events, and much more.
THE JOURNAL’s GOALS are:
To encourage and provide opportunities for K-12, university, and community professionals to collaborate on issues and concerns of the HPERD disciplines.
- To disseminate the purposes, goals, and objectives of the Association to its members.
- To recognize the outstanding contributions, successful programs, and creative ideas of its members.
- To provide information concerning national, state, and local issues which impact HPERD professionals.
- To provide a network for communication and advocacy for HPERD professionals.
- To enrich the knowledge, skills, and professional development of HPERD professionals.
Manuscripts are reviewed by the Editorial Board. Deadlines for submitting material to The Journal:
- Spring Issue March 15
- Summer Issue July 15
- Winter Issue December 1
For information and criteria for article format, contact:
Joyce Krause, Editor
Detroit, MI 48221
Hm: (313) 345-9104